When you ask the right questions, however, you’ll find there are actually some very big differences amongst cleaning company franchises. Here some recommended questions that we think will expose those differences very quickly:
- Do they have a Chief Cleaning Officer – that is, a high-level executive dedicated to staying up to date and pushing new innovations in the art and science of cleaning?
- What tools do they have in place to help you train new cleaning staff efficiently and cost effectively? Do they offer state-of-the-art eLearning tools so you can push out consistent training to mobile devices and track all training activities?
- What systems have they developed to assist you with the complex tasks of scheduling cleaning jobs and staff, and – more important – with managing all the inevitable re-scheduling that has to happen due to customer cancellations, lockouts, vacations, employee sick time, traffic jams, foul weather, and so forth?
- Aside from collecting royalties, what other revenue streams do they have? For example, do they earn money by compelling you to buy certain products or equipment that they mark up with steep margins?
- What kind of support do they provide? Is it a one-size-fits-all style, where they sweep in every so often with inspections and demands for compliance? Or is it more of an individualized coaching model, where they cultivate personalized relationships that take into account your unique life goals and objectives? Does the style of support change over time as you evolve and mature as a business owner?
- What kinds of investments are they making in digital transformation? Do they offer state-of-the-art systems to make operating your business and making marketing and selling as easy, fast, and cost effective as possible?
- How are they positioning the company to be competitive with gig-economy tech startups?
- How can they help you to market your business across multiple digital channels, search engines, social media, and review websites?
- Finally, what kinds of business performance metrics have they developed to help you evaluate your success and why?
There are plenty more differentiating questions such as these that we will be delighted to discuss at length if and when you contact MaidPro to learn more about cleaning company franchises.